Red Butte Canyon
This gallery shows pictures from Red Butte Canyon. The canyon sits due East of Fort Douglas and the University of Utah. The main canyon road is closed about a half mile up the canyon. There is a system of bike trails on the North side of the Canyon. The Skyline Trail is on the South Side of the Canyon. It winds up the mountain shoulder on the East side of Red Butte Canyon.
Check out Salt Lake Sites - Garden for links to gardening sites in Utah.
The Red Butte Canyon road crosses the Bonneville Shoreline Trail at the base of the canyon. You can find more trail information on Salt Lake Sites - Trails.
I took this set of pictures on Easter Sunday, April 8, 2007.
- Red Butte Gardens (63 pictures) This gallery has more pictures of Red Butte Gardens.
- Bonneville Shoreline Trail (136 pictures) This gallery has additional pictures of the Bonneville Shoreline Trail.
- Fort Douglas (24 pictures) This gallery has additional pictures of Fort Douglas.
- University of Utah (201 pictures) The University of Utah is to the West of Red Butte Garden.
- Research Park (27 pictures) Research Park is to the Southwest of Red Butte Canyon.
- The Wasatch Mountains (131 pictures) This gallery has pictures of the Wasatch Mountains.
- Arrowleaf Balsam Root (9 pictures) The Arrowleaf Balsamroot was in bloom during this photo session.