While visiting Fillmore, I decided to take a morning walk in the Pavant Mountains that lie to the east of Fillmore. It had been raining steadily for the last several days. The top half inch of dirt on the road was saturated. It was wet enough that I realized that I was starting to leave a rut. I dislike damaging the road, I decided to walk along the road, rather than driving to the end of the road to start the hike.
The odd result of this decision is that this gallery shows pictures along the Chalk Creek Road. I turn around just before reaching the trailhead at the end of the road.
- The Wasatch Mountains (131 pictures) The Wasatch Plateau is to the North East of the Pavants.
- Fillmore (52 pictures) The Pavant Mountains are East of Fillmore, Utah.
- Cove Fort (19 pictures) Historic Cove Fort is on the South End of the Pavant Mountains.
- Interstate 15 (88 pictures) I15 passes on the West Side of the Pavant Range.
- Interstate 70 (51 pictures) I 70 passes to the south of the Pavant Range (between the Pavant and Tushar Mountains).
- Highway 89 (20 pictures) US 89 runs to the East of the Pavant Range.