i70 is one of the major East West Corridors in the United States. The road branches from I15 in Utah, then crosses the Wasatch Mountains, San Rafael Swell and enters Colorado near Grand Junction. The road works its way through the Rocky Mountains and enters the great plains near Denver, Colorado. Heading East, I70 passes through Kansas City, Saint Louis, Indianapolis, Columbus and terminates in Baltimore, Md.
- Interstate 15 (88 pictures) I70 branches from I15 near Cove Fort in the Middle of Utah. I15 South leads through Las Vegas to LA. I15 north leads through Salt Lake on the way to Canada.
- Desolation Canyon (169 pictures) Looking north (just east of Green River, Utah) you will see Gunnison Butte as the Green River breaks through the Book Cliffs. This is the take out for the Desolation Gray Canyon. Gray canyon is a popular place for day rafting trips in Utah.
- Fruita, Colorado (29 pictures) Fruita is one of the first exits (going East) in Colorado. Famous for its fruit and dinosaurs, you will want to stop to stretch your legs and get a free map at the Colorado Welcome Center.
- Green River, Utah (15 pictures) Green River is the first major town (going west) on I70 in Utah.
- San Rafael Swell (18 pictures) I70 crosses the San Rafael Swell in Central Utah. This is by far the most scenic portion of the trip, and you will want to give yourself an hour or so to stop at each of the scenic overlooks.
- Mother Cabrini Shrine (15 pictures) The Statue of the Sacred Heart overlooks I70 just west of Denver.
- Idaho Springs, Colorado (9 pictures) Idaho Springs, Colorado is west of Denver.
- Arches National Park (151 pictures) Arches National Park is roughly 30 miles south of Interstate 70 on highway 191. If you are planning a cross country trip, you will want to take the detour through Arches and Moab.
- Cisco, Utah (22 pictures) Cisco is a ghost town south of interstate 70 near the Utah/Colorado border.
- Grand Junction, Colorado (95 pictures) Grand Junction is the primary city on the Western Slope of Colorado.
- Cove Fort (19 pictures) Historic Cove Fort is at Exit 1 on I70. This is a restored pioneer fort.