Historic Cove Fort
Cove Fort is a roadside attraction near the intersection of I70 and I15 in Central Utah. This fort was built in 1867 by early Utah Pioneers to protect communications and travelers in Southern Utah. The fort was recently restored by the LDS Church. It is a fun place to stop and stretch the legs on trips through central Utah.
Here is the Cove Fort Website.
- Interstate 70 (51 pictures) Cove Fort is at Exit 1 on I70.
- Interstate 15 (88 pictures) Cove Fort is at Exit 135 (Dog Valley) on I15.
- Pavant Mountains (32 pictures) The Fort was built in the South West foothills of the Pavant Mountains.
- Fillmore (52 pictures) Fillmore, Utah (the original territorial capital) is to the North of Cove Fort.
- Iron Mission State Park (17 pictures) The Iron Mission State Park in Cedar City features additional displays of pioneer buildings, and equipment.
- LDS Buildings (57 pictures) This gallery shows images of LDS Temples and LDS Memorials.