Olympus High School
Kids are heading back to school; So I thought I would drive into town and take pictures of a Salt Lake High School.
In 2009, voters in the Granite School District approved a $256 bond for school upgrades. $65M was ear marked for the Olympus High School on the corner of 3900 South and 2300 East.
The original school was completed in 1953 for a projected 1500 students. The school's first class was 1028 students. The current construction will up the total to 1700 and make the structure to current earthquake standards. It's current enrollment is 1560 students.
To my chagrin, I discovered that I do not have any photos of the old building which had an intriguing entry way.
- Holladay, Utah (198 pictures) Olympus High School is on the Northern edge of Holladay Utah.
- Olympus Junior High (22 pictures) This gallery shows images of Olympus Junior High School.
- Utah Schools (66 pictures) This gallery shows additional photos of schools throughout the state of Utah.
- Skyline High School (61 pictures) This gallery shows images of Skyline High School which is East of Olympus.
- 3900 South (85 pictures) This gallery shows additional images along 3900 South.
- Mount Olympus (169 pictures) This gallery shows additional photos of Mt Olympus.