3900 South - Salt Lake City, Utah
3900 South is one of the primary East West roads in the Salt Lake Valley. Going East to Weat, the road starts as neighborhood streets in the Olympus Cove. It crosses Wasatch Drive at the Olympus Hills Shopping Center.
The road ducks under the I215 Freeway and takes a steady descent into the valley. There is a steep hill just before Highland Drive as the road moves from the benches into Salt Lake City proper.
3900 South has a number of major intersections with 1300 East, 700 East, State Street and Main. It takes a bumpy ride over the new trax lines then climbs a small hill to take a more stately ride across 300 West, the main railroad tracks and I15.
The road takes a small dip to cross the Jordan River then rises again on its westward voyage through West Valley City and onward to the Oquirrh Mountains.
- Mount Olympus (152 pictures) 3900 South starts in the shadows of Mount Olympus.
- Olympus Cove (59 pictures) This gallery shows pictures from the Mount Olympus Cove area.
- Wasatch Boulevard (71 pictures) 3900 South proper starts at its intersection with Wasatch Drive.
- Holladay, Utah (188 pictures) This gallery shows picture of Holladay, Utah.
- Millcreek Township (102 pictures) Pictures of Millcreek Township.
- Black Diamond Campus (18 pictures) The Black Diamond Campus was a quaint shopping villaged transformed into a manufacturing facility.
- Highland Drive (76 pictures) 3900 South Crosses Highland Drive as it crosses the lowest bench and heads into the flatlands of the Salt Lake Valley.
- State Street-Salt Lake City (272 pictures) Pictures from State Street.
- UTA Trax (169 pictures) The Meadowbrook Trax Station is just off 3900 South.
- Jordan River Parkway (108 pictures) 3900 South crosses Utah's Jordan River.
- West Valley City (25 pictures) 3900 South is a major road through West Valley City.
- Olympus High School (34 pictures) Olympus High School is on the corner of 3900 South and 2300 East.