The Corona Arch Trail is a short walk (3 miles road trip) near Moab, Utah. You access the trail from the Potash Road (Highway 279) on the north side of the Colorado River. The trail has views of Goldbar Arch, Bowtie Arch and Corona Arch. Corona Arch is a great example of a buttress arch.
The trail has a small number of scrambling sections and traverses across exposed sandstone. It is an intermediate hiking trail. The trail is exposed to the elements. Be sure to bring water.
The arches and trail are in the Navajo Sandstone Formation. In addition to the arches, the trail offers stunning views of the Colorado River Canyon and many unnamed sandstone alcoves.
- Colorado River (96 pictures) The trail starts on the Potash Road that runs along the Colorado River.
- Moab, Utah (138 pictures) Corona Arch is near Moab, Utah.
- Granstaff Canyon (14 pictures) Negro Bill Canyon is another popular hike along the Colorado River.
- Natural Arches and Bridges (27 pictures) The Corona Arch Trail has views of several arches.
- Arches National Park (151 pictures) Many people include a visit to Corona Arch on their visit to Arches National Park.