Arches National Park
Arches National Park in South Eastern Utah is a photographer's paradise. Everywhere you turn you will find new and wonderous formations. The subtle lighting of the desert and changing of the seasons guarantee that each trip through the park will provide new insight and photo opportunities. A true photographer could spend a life time examining the light in this small paradise.
Here I present a quick walk through the Park, and I encourage anyone wishing to undertand the desert to stop in Moab and to spend at least one day exploring Arches National Park.
- Devils Garden (60 pictures) The Devils Garden Trail is a popular hike in Arches National Park.
- Moab, Utah (138 pictures) Moab is just south of Arches National Park on Highway 191. If you plan on visiting Arches, you should plan a stay in this desert oasis.
- Colorado River (96 pictures) Arches National Park is just north of the Colorado River. The Colorado River plays a fundamental role in the erosion process which exposed the park.
- Grand Junction, Colorado (95 pictures) Grand Junction is the closest metropolitan area to Arches.
- Granstaff Canyon (14 pictures) Negro Bill's Canyon is south of Arches National Park (across the Colorado River). The trail goes through terrain similar to Arches.
- Sevenmile Canyon (31 pictures) Sevenmile Canyon is due West of Arches (on the road to Canyonlands and Dead Horse Point).
- Corona Arch Trail (31 pictures) The Corona Arch Trail (down the Colorado River) features several arches in the Navajo Sandstone layer.