Terraces to Elbow Fork
This gallery includes images from the Terraces to Elbow Fork Trail in Mill Creek Canyon. This is a popular hiking trail that starts just below the Winter gates on Mill Creek and finishes at Elbow Fork.
The Terraces Elbow Fork Trail is a fun day hike that climbs from the Terraces Picnic area to a ridge overlooking Mill Creek canyon. The trail runs through several climate zones bringing the hiker through pine and aspen forests along with patches of mules ears, mountain mahagony and other Wasatch Foliage.
The hike provides views of Mill Creek Canyon, Mount Raymond and other peaks of the Wasatch.
Note, I am hiking from the top of the trail to the bottom; so my pictures are the reverse of what you might see. BTW, you can make a nice lap by combining the Terraces and Pipeline Trail.
- Mill Creek Canyon (196 pictures) The Terraces-Elbow Fork Trail is in Mill Creek (near the winter gate).
- Bowman Fork Trail (71 pictures) The Terrace - Elbow Fork trail share the same trailhead parking lot in the Terraces campgound. The Bowman Fork trail follows the small stream in the valley, while the Terraces trail climbs onto the ridgeline.
- Pipeline Trail (129 pictures) The Pipeline Trail is on the north side of Mill Creek, and the Terraces Trail is on the south. You can do a round trip that combines the two trails in a circle.
- Elbow Fork to Lambs Canyon (87 pictures) The Terraces-Elbow Fork Trail returns to the Mill Creek road near Elbow Fork. You can combine both hikes in the same trip.
- Mount Aire (57 pictures) Pictures of the Mount Aire Trail, which is across Mill Creek from The Terraces Trail.