The Bowman Trail
This gallery shows images from the Maple Grove Picnic area, the Terraces Picnic area and the Bowman Trail.
This section of Mill Creek Canyon is well known to Cross Country skiers. During the winter months, the park service closes the main Mill Creek Canyon road at Maple Grove. Crosscountry skiers can then ski along the main canyon road. Backcountry skiers will take the steeper path up the Bowman trail which heads up a side canyon to the south of Mill Creek.
I took this set of pictures on May 19, 2006. The main Mill Creek Road was still closed but the snow was melted.
This gallery includes pictures of the Maple Grove Picnic area and the Terraces Group Picnic area. The Terraces Group Picnic area is a quarter mile from Mill Creek up a single lane road. If you are attending a picnic at the area or hiking the Bowman trail, I strongly recommend that you park on the main canyon road. The road to the Terraces is not wide enough for people to pass.
- Mill Creek Canyon (196 pictures) The Bowman Trail is about half way up the Mill Creek Canyon Road. It is near where they close the road for the winter.
- The Wasatch Mountains (131 pictures) The Bowman Trail accesses the central reaches of the Wasatch Mountains including Mount Raymond.
- Desolation Trail (71 pictures) The Bowman Trail meats the Desolation Trail in the Mount Olympus Wilderness Area.
- Mount Olympus (168 pictures) The Bowman Trail provides access to the eastern reaches of the Mount Olympus Wilderness area.
- Wildflowers (123 pictures) The Bowman Fork Trail is lousy with wildflowers in the Spring.
- Terraces to Elbow Fork (47 pictures) The Terraces Trail leads from the Terraces Picnic area to Elbow Forck (side trails access the