Highway 28 is the main escape route from Salmon, Idaho.. The Road follows the Lemhi River over Gilmore Summit (, then follows Birch Creek into the Snake River Planes where it intersects Highway 33 outside of Mud Lake, Idaho. From Mud Lake you can drive east the I15 and Idaho Falls.
- Salmon, Idaho (84 pictures) This is the fastest escape route from Salmon. The road hits I-15 just north of Idaho Falls.
- Lewis and Clark (13 pictures) The Lewis and Clark expedition crossed the Bitterroot near Tendoy, and followed the Lemhi River to the Salmon.
- Tendoy, Idaho (4 pictures) Is a small argricultural and mining town. It is near the point where Lewis and Clark crossed the Continental Divide.
- (4 pictures) Leadore is a small mining town near Gillmore Summit.
- Interstate 15 (88 pictures) State Highway 28 joins Highway 33 and intersects I15 just north of Idaho Falls.