This gallery shows pictures from the Trolley Square area of Salt Lake City. That is the area from the Trolley Square Trax stop on 400 South to the Trolley Square Mall on the corner of 700 South and 500 East.
Trolley Square itself is a partially shopping mall built in classic red brick from Salt Lake's original street car system which was terminated in 1945. The Trolley Square Mall was first opened in 1972. It includes an ecletic collection of upper end shops, movie theaters and restaurants.
On February 12, 2007, Sulejman TaloviÄ‡, an eighteen year-old Bosnian Muslim refugee, went on a shooting spree at Trolley Square. My heart goes out the victim of this horrible crime and appreciation to the off duty officer Ken Hammond who brought the tragedy to a quick end.
- UTA Trax (171 pictures) Trolley Square is one block south of the University Line of Trax.
- Liberty Park (100 pictures) Liberty Park is one 900 East (one half mile south of Trolley Square).
- Salt Lake City (482 pictures) This gallery shows pictures of Salt Lake City.
- Gateway Plaza - Salt Lake City (121 pictures) The Gateway is another shopping area in Salt Lake City.
- Sugar House District (277 pictures) This picture shows pictures from the Sugarhouse District of Salt Lake City.