Sundance Ski Resort is a mountain resort on Provo's North Fork River on the East Side of Mount Timpanogos. The resort was originally named Timphaven. It was purchased in the early 1970s by Robert Redford and renamed Sundance Resort after the role Redford played in the movie Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
Sundance is also the name for the Sundance Institute which supports independent films and the annual Sundance Film Festival held each year in Park City.
- Mount Timapnogos (25 pictures) The resort is on the East side of Mount Timpanogos.
- Alpine Loop (101 pictures) You access the resort from Highway 92 (The Alpine Loop). Note, the upper sections of the Alpine Loop are closed in the winter.
- Provo River (107 pictures) The resort is above Provo's North Fork River which drains into the Provo River just east of Provo, Utah.
- The Wasatch Mountains (131 pictures) The resort is one of the world class ski resorts of Utah's Wasatch Mountains.
- Park City, Utah (165 pictures) The annual Sundance Film Festival is held in Park City, Utah.