Parley's Crossing is a section of the Bonneville Shoreline Trail. This trail runs 90 miles along the Lake Bonneville benches from Ogden to Mount Nebo (south of Provo.)
This section of the trail crosses Interstate 80 at the mouth of Parley's Canyon in the Salt Lake Valley. The area includes roadside parks and the infamous Suicide Rock. The crossing allows cyclists and pedestrians to cross from Wasatch Boulevard to Foothill Drive. Prior to the construction of the Crossing, cyclists would have to go several miles and a few hundred vertical feet out of their way to cross the freeway at 1700 East. This section of trail opens up the East Side of Salt Lake to cyclists.
Suicide Rock is a small outcropping of rock in the canyon. The rock is viewable from the belt route. Local grafitti artists have painted the rock.
- Interstate 80 (103 pictures) Parley's Crossing crosses I80 at the mouth of Parley's Canyon.
- Interstate 15 (88 pictures) The crossing is near the intersection if I80 and I215. There is a planned tunnel under I215. This will combine the area with the Park System leading through Sugar House.
- Salt Lake City (483 pictures) Parley's Crossing is in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Sugar House District (278 pictures) There is a planned tunnel under I-215 that will connect the Bonneville Shore Line trail with the parks leading through Sugar House.
- Parley's Hollow (82 pictures) Parley's Hollow is west (through the culvert) from Parley's Crossing.
- Salt Lake Parks (26 pictures) Parley's Hollow is a park in the Salt Lake Valley
- Grandeur Peak (157 pictures) Mount Grandeur is on the south side of Parley's Crossing. This gallery shows the hike up Mount Grandeur from Millcreek Canyon.
- Parleys Creek (43 pictures) A small dirt road leads from the Bonneville Shoreline Trail to Parleys Creek.