Solitude is a ski resort just east of Salt Lake City in the Wasatch Mountains. The resort features a variety of terrain with a fun a mix of green dot and blue square slopes (ideal for learning to ski) along with some fun black diamond terrain.
This set of pictures was taken in the summer. Come on, it is the only time I could use my frequently flyer miles.
The resort appears to have added a number of condos and hotel rooms in recent years. You can learn more in the Salt Lake Lodging directory.
- Big Cottonwood Canyon (161 pictures) Solitude is in Big Cottonwood Canyon.
- The Wasatch Mountains (131 pictures) The resort is in the heart of the Wasatch Mountains.
- Salt Lake City (482 pictures) The resort is East of Salt Lake City.
- Storm Mountain (50 pictures) The Storm Mountain Picnic area is downstream from Solitude.
- Redman Campground (15 pictures) Redman Campground is just East (upstream) from Solitude Resort.
- Brighton, Utah (79 pictures) Brighton Ski Resort is East of Solitude.
- Park City, Utah (165 pictures) Park City is to the North of Solitude. You can drive to Park City via Guardsman Pass during the summer. During the winter, you must ski.