Salmon, Idaho is the county seat of Lemhi County. The region is reknown as the birth place of Sacajawea and played an important role in the Lewis and Clark Expedition.
Salmon, Idaho is on the Salmon River basin in central Idaho. It is nestled between the Lemhi, Bitterroot and Salmon Mountains. It is one of the most remote areas in the continental US. The main industries in the region are: ranching, mining and tourism.
- Salmon River (137 pictures) Salmon Idaho is on the confluence of the Salmon and Lemhi rivers.
- Salmon River Bridge (37 pictures) Island park, on Salmon River is a great place to walk the dog, or rest under the shade of the Salmon Bridge.
- Highway 93 (207 pictures) Highway 93 runs through Salmon where it intersects Highway 28.
- Idaho State (5 pictures) Salmon is in Idaho
- Chuches of Salmon Idaho (10 pictures) Salmon has an interesting collection of quaint churches.
- State Highway 28 (38 pictures) Highway 28 is the quickest way to Idaho Falls, and all places south or east of Salmon.
- North Fork, Idaho (15 pictures) North Fork Idaho is on US93, north of Salmon.
- Carmen, Idaho (12 pictures) Carmen, Idaho is just north of Salmon.