Rockport Reservoir is a lake on the Weber River in Summit County in Northeastern Utah. The lake is held back by the Wanship Dam which was completed in 1957 as part of the Weber Basin Project. This earth filled dam is 175' high. The crest elevation of the dam is 6055 ft. The normal water elevation is 6049 feet.
The lake is accessible from Utah State Highway 32 (Exit 155 on I80 at Wanship).
- Weber River (91 pictures) The Wanship Dam is on the Weber River.
- Wanship, Utah (27 pictures) The dam is named for the town of Wanship ... just north of Rockport Lake.
- State Highway 32 (31 pictures) Highway 32 runs to the Southwest of Rockport Lake.
- Uinta Mountains (51 pictures) The reservoir is in the western foothills of the Uinta Mountains.
- Echo Reservoir (54 pictures) Echo Reservoir is downstream from Rockport.
- Park City, Utah (165 pictures) Park City is a major resort town near Rockport Lake.
- Jordanelle Reservoir (27 pictures) The Jordanelle Reservoir is on the Provo River. This lake is due south of Rockport Reservoir.
- Peoa, Utah (11 pictures) Peao is upstream (South) of Rockport Reservoir.