Park City Rail Trail
The national Rail Trail Movement turns abandonned railroad right of ways into bike routes. This movement does many important things. It opens new, safe bike routes and it helps preserve the right of ways in the case transportation needs change and we need the right of way.
This gallery shows pictures from the 30 mile rail trail that runs from Park City to Echo Junction. The trail starts Prospector Square in Park City to Echo Junction. The trail is open to nonmotorized traffic and is a popular trail for cyclists, runners and equestrians.
The Union Pacific Rail Trail has received National Recreation Trail. It is part of the Utah State Park System.
- Echo Reservoir (54 pictures) This gallery shows pictures of Echo Junction and Echo Reservoir.
- Coalville, Utah (57 pictures) The Rail Trail passes through Coalville, Utah.
- Wanship, Utah (27 pictures) The Rail Trail passes through the metropolis of Wanship.
- Rockport Lake (27 pictures) This gallery shows pictures of Rockport Reservoir.
- Interstate 80 (103 pictures) The Rail Trail parallels I80.
- Park City, Utah (165 pictures) The Park City Gallery shows pictures from Park City, Utah.