The Oquirrh Moutains are a range in on the eastern end of the Great Basin (just south of the Great Salt Lake). The mountains define the western side of the Salt Lake Valley. The Wasatch Mountains define the eastern side of the valley.
The mountains are notable as the home of Kennecott Copper which operates one of the largest open pit copper mines in Utah. The Kennecott Smoke Stack is the tallest structure in Utah. When it was constructed, the smoke stack was within a few feet of being the tallest structure in the world.
- Tooele, Utah (46 pictures) Tooele is on the west side of the Oquirrh Mountains.
- The Wasatch Mountains (131 pictures) The Oquirrh Mountains are west of the Wasatch (across the Salt Lake Valley).
- Salt Lake City (482 pictures) The Oquirrh Mountains are on the West Side of the Salt Lake Valley.
- Utah Lake (17 pictures) Utah Lake is southeast of the Oquirrh Mountains.
- Oquirrh Mountains (38 pictures) Magna, Utah is a small town on the West Side of the Salt Lake Valley.
- Magna, Utah (34 pictures) Magna, Utah sits to the North East of the Oquirrh Mountains.
- Antelope Island (3 pictures) Antelope Island share similar geology with the Oquirrh Mountains.