Mount Timpanogos towers above American Fork and Utah Valley. The Alpine loop around the mountain is one of the most popular Sunday drives in the state. Starting in the north, you will pass the trailhead for the Timpanogos Caves. This is a fairly well preserved set of limestone caves, about a quarter of the way up the mountain.
You will pass the two main trailheads for the mountain. As I recall, they are at Camp Timpanoka and Timpaneeka. The trail to the top is a vigorous full day hike, but well worth the effort.
Robert Redford's Sundance Ski area is at the southern end of the loop.
- Alpine Loop (101 pictures) The Alpine Loop wraps around the East side of Mount Timpanogos.
- The Wasatch Mountains (131 pictures) Timpagos is on the southern end of the Wasatch front.
- Utah Lake (17 pictures) Utah lake sits in the center of Utah Valley.
- Provo River (107 pictures) The Provo River flows to the South of Mount Timpanogos.
- Heber City (74 pictures) Heber City is East of Mount Timpanogos.