Memory Grove Park
Memory Grove Park sits at the base of City Creek Canyon just outside Salt Lake City. The park contains a variety of memorials to Utah war veterans along with a series of hiking trails which wind through the state's arboretum. There are off leash areas just above the main park.
One of the best ways to explore Salt Lake is to take Trax to the main Crossroads stop in downtown. There is a system of sidewalks and trails that pass Temple Square then follow City Creek along Canyon Drive to Memorial Grove Park. A network of trails cross then park then follows the creek up into City Creek Canyon. City Creek Canyon gradually winds its way into the alpine wilderness of the Wasatch Mountains.
This is one of my favorite walks as it involves a train ride, and features both urban and mountain terrain. Quite frankly, the thing I like best about Salt Lake City is that it is easy to get out of the city.
See Salt Lake Sites for Events in Memory Grove and City Creek Canyon.
- City Creek Canyon (35 pictures) This gallery contains more pictures of City Creek Canyon.
- Utah State Capitol Building (181 pictures) The Utah Capitol Building sits on the West Canyon Rim above Memory Grove. The Capitol grounds include a number of intriguing memorials.
- Temple Square (115 pictures) Pictures of Temple Square in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Salt Lake City (482 pictures) Pictures of Salt Lake City.
- The Wasatch Mountains (131 pictures) Pictures of the Wasatch Mountains.
- Salt Lake Parks (26 pictures) Pictures of other Parks in Salt Lake City.
- Memorials (14 pictures) This gallery shows a collection of Memorials in the Mountain West.
- LDS Hospital (18 pictures) LDS Hospital is in the Avenues neighborhood of Salt Lake City.
- Avenues (37 pictures) This gallery shows pictures of The Avenues, a neighborhood on the hillside East of the park.
- July 4th Teaparty (98 pictures) This gallery shows pictures of a walk I did into Memory Grove and around the Capitol Building.