Located on 700 East and 900 South, Liberty Park is one of the main parks in the Salt Lake valley. The park houses the Tracy Aviary, Chase Museum, the Seven Canyon fountain. It is a popular place for jogging, quick game of Volleyball, or to gather for a drum circle.
Liberty Park is the site of the main Salt Lake 4th of July fireworks display. An event enjoyed by people, but not by the poor birds trapped in the Aviary.
As this is the premiere park in Salt Lake City, it is the home of numerous community events.
- Salt Lake City (482 pictures) Located about a mile from downtown, Liberty Park is one of the largest city parks in the valley.
- Trolley Square (35 pictures) Trolley Square is a half mile north of Liberty Park on 600 South 700 East. The Trolley Trax stop is on 400 South 650 East (3/4 miles from Liberty Park.)
- Salt Lake Parks (26 pictures) This page lists other Parks in Salt Lake County.
- Sugarhouse Park (93 pictures) Sugarhouse Park is another major park in Salt Lake City.
- Pioneer Days Parade (107 pictures) This gallery shows pictures from the 2007 Days of 47 Parade.
- Murray City Park (84 pictures) Murray Park is a large regional park in Murray, Utah.
- Red Butte Gardens (63 pictures) Red Butte Gardens near the U has botanical displays.
- Red Butte Canyon (50 pictures) If I am not mistaken, Red Butte Creek (and possibly Emigration Creek) fill the pond at Liberty Park.