This gallery shows picture of the LDS Hospital (links to Salt Hospitals) in the avenues of Salt Lake City. The hospital is currently operated by Intermountain Health Care.
LDS Hospital is one of Utah's most reknown medical facilities. The hospital is proud to have received recognition as an ANCC Magnet Hospital.
The hospital is in a quiet Avenues neighborhood. I usually get lost when I try to find it.
In 2007, IHC built a new state of the art facility in Murray. I understand the IHC will transfer most of its cutting edge research to the new facility and the LDS Hospital will transition into a regional hospital.
I see this as positive news as the streets surrounding the current facility are steep, narrow and offer limited parking. The new facility has freeway access and is on the Trax line.
According to the Deseret News, the hospital was founded in 1905 with just 80 rooms. Today the hospital has 5000 employees and oversees the birth of 5000 babies a year.
As the name implies, LDS Hospital was a central part of a hospital network built by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Answers.com reports that the LDS Church began divesting itself of its medical facilities in 1975 to a newly formed corporation called IHC (Intermountain Health Care). IHC has since grown into the largest medical facility in the Mountain West.
- IHC Campus (63 pictures) This gallery shows pictures of the new IHC facility in Murray.
- University Medical Center (99 pictures) This gallery shows pictures from the University Medical Center.
- Memory Grove Park (88 pictures) Memory Grove Park is at the mouth of City Creek Canyon. There are trails near LDS Hospital that lead into the park.
- City Creek Canyon (35 pictures) This gallery shows pictures from City Creek Canyon.
- Salt Lake City (482 pictures) This gallery shows pictures from Salt Lake.
- Utah State Capitol Building (181 pictures) The Utah State Capitol is West of the IHC Facility.
- Temple Square (115 pictures) This gallery shows pictures from Temple Square.
- Salt Lake Regional Medical Center (39 pictures) This gallery shows pictures of Salt Lake Regional Hospital (Formerly Holy Cross) on South Temple and 1000 East.