Heber City is the county seat of Wasatch County in Central Utah. The Heber Valley sits between the rolling Uintah Mountains on the East and the towering Wasatch Mountains on the East.
During the Winter, Heber is a haven for cross country and nordic skiing. Soldier's Hollow (East of Heber) was an official venue of the 2002 Salt Lake Games. The Wasatch Mountain Park has a maintained ski run. Back Country Skiers use Heber as a base for adventures into the Wasatch and Unitahs.
Heber City is just East of the Provo River. The Jordanelle Reservoir is a few miles North of town and the Bear Creek Reservoir is a few miles South of town. Boating enthusiasts have been known to take US40 East to visit Strawberry Reservoir in the Uintahs.
- Midway, Utah (40 pictures) The town of Midway is due west of Heber (across the Provo River).
- Highway US 40 (31 pictures) US 40 serves as Heber's Main Street.
- Park City, Utah (165 pictures) Park City is a resort town North of Heber (in Summit County).
- Jordanelle Reservoir (27 pictures) The Jordanelle Reservoir (to the North of Heber) was completed in 1992.
- The Wasatch Mountains (131 pictures) Heber is on the East Side of the Wasatch Mountains.
- Highway 89 (20 pictures) US189 (a spur of US89) branches off US40 then dives through Provo Canyon to Provo and points South.
- Wasatch Mountain State Park (14 pictures) Wasatch Mountain State Park (West of Heber) has golf courses, trails and camping facilities.
- Daniel Summit (25 pictures) Daniel Summit is East of Heber on US 40.