Green River, Utah
Green River is conveniently located on I70 and the Green River. Although Green River is one of the driest areas in the nation, the rich soil and water from the Green River make it one of the most fertile areas in Utah. The area is most noted for its delicious crop of melons.
- Desolation Canyon (169 pictures) The take out for Desolation/Gray Canyon is just upstream from Green River. Gray Canyon is a popular day tour for whitewater enthusiasts.
- Interstate 70 (51 pictures) Green River, Utah is one of the few towns on Interstate 70, in the rugged Utah deserts.
- Grand Junction, Colorado (95 pictures) Grand Junction is the next major city east of Green River on I70.
- San Rafael Swell (18 pictures) The San Rafael Swell is a sandstone wonderland that rises from the desert west of Green River.
- Moab, Utah (138 pictures) Moab is a popular tourist destination Southeast of Green River.
- Arches National Park (151 pictures) Arches National Monument is Southeast of Green River.