Flathead Lake is a 28 mile long lake in Western Montana. It sits at the base of the Mission Mountains. The lake is about 2900 feet in elevation. The moisture from the lake helps maintain a temperate climate in the region, ideal for cherries and huckleberries. You will find many orchards around the lake.
Online Boating Stores
- Bigfork Montana (61 pictures) Bigfork (Western Montana's art city) is on the north east end of the lake.
- Highway 93 (207 pictures) Scenic Highway 93 passes on the west side of the lake. Highway 93 provides tourist provides panoramic views of the lake with the Mission and Swan Mountains in the background.
- Missoula, Montana (62 pictures) The Lake is on Highway 93 (north of Missoula
- Lakes (16 pictures) Pictures of other Lakes (mainly in the Mountain West.)
- Polson, Montana (49 pictures) Polson is on the Southern end of Flathead Lake.