Castle Valley is an open valley that drains into the Colorado River about 14 miles east of Moab, Utah. You can find pictures from a variety of photographers on my Moab Tumblr blog.
During a recent excursion, several friends of mine stayed at the Red Cliffs Lodge. This lodge is on the Colorado River Road (S128) where the Castle Valley Creek drains into the Colorado. The result is that I have multiple pictures of the inn.
- Big Bend Campground (23 pictures) Big Bend Recreation Area is downriver from Castle Valley.
- Moab, Utah (138 pictures) Castle Valley is East of Moab, Utah.
- Grand Junction, Colorado (95 pictures) Grand Junction is the closest major city.
- The La Sal Mountains (8 pictures) Placer Creek and Castle Creek start in the La Sal Mountains and flow Northwest. The La Sal Loop runs through Castle Valley.
- Dewey Bridge (19 pictures) The Dewey Bridge (on the Colorado North East of Castle Valley) was built in 1916. The bridge opened the Castle Valley area for settlement and exploration.
- Colorado River (96 pictures) Castle Valley connects with the Colorado River.
- Sand Flats Recreation Area (81 pictures) You can access the Porcupine Rim Trail (that overlooks Castle Valley) from the Sand Flats Recreation Area.