The state of Colorado abounds with photo opportunities. This gallery takes a tour of the mountain west, simply choose a gallery below and start browsing.
The galleries are connected by subject. For example I70 passes through Grand Junction. So you will see I70 and Grand Junction are connected.
To the right you see several sample pictures drawn from the galleries.
In 1921, my Great Great Aunt Susie Kerin, wrote a work titles Poems of Sunny Colorado. This volume has 20 poems and twenty prints. I republished the work on the web for those who enjoy reading poetry from Colorado's pioneers.
- Colorado River (96 pictures) The Colorado River runs from the high peaks of Rocky Mountain National Park down the west slope toward the Sea of Cortez.
- Grand Junction, Colorado (95 pictures) Grand Junction is the largest city on the west slope.
- Interstate 70 (51 pictures) Interstate 70 (I70) runs east west through the heart of the state, crossing the Continental Divide in the Eisenhower Tunnel.
- Grand Mesa (34 pictures) Grand Mesa is the largest flat top mountain in the world. It is located near Grand Junction.
- Utah State (59 pictures) Utah is west of Colorado. I currently live in Salt Lake City
- State Highway 133 (29 pictures) Highway 133 in central Colorado provides access to Grand Mesa, the Crystal River Valley and has spectacular views of the Maroon Bells.