Cottonwood Heights is town at the mouth of the Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons in the Southeast stretches of the Salt Lake Valley..
The town was incorporated on January 14 2005 with an area of 6.8 square miles. The 2000 census pegged the population at 27,569 well off people.
The business parks in the Knudsen Corner area of the town is headquarters for Overstock.com, Fusion-io, Jetblue, Mrs. Fields Cookies and other notable firms.
Cottonwood Heights has quick access to the ski areas in Big and Little Cottonwood Canyon along with freeway access to Salt Lake City.
- Big Cottonwood Canyon (160 pictures) Big Cottonwood Canyon is a spectacular canyon featuring major ski resorts, climbing and hiking opportunities.
- Old Mill Park (71 pictures) This gallery shows pictures of the Old Mill Park in Cottonwood Heights.
- Little Cottonwood Canyon (16 pictures) Little Cottonwood Canyon is an impressive canyon through the granite of the Wasatch Mountains that includes two major ski resorts.
- Wasatch Boulevard (71 pictures) Wasatch Boulevard provides access to the Eastern side of Cottonwood Heights.
- Fort Union (45 pictures) The Fort Union Area is to the Northwest of Cottonwood Heights.
- Sandy, Utah (150 pictures) Sandy City is to the Southwest of Cottonwood Heights.
- Midvale Utah (44 pictures) Midvale is due west of Cottonwood Heights.
- The Wasatch Mountains (131 pictures) Cottonwood Heights is in foothills (East Bench) of the Wasatch Mountains.