The Bitterroot Mountain Range is one of the most impressive ranges in the Northern Rockies. The Range runs along the Continental Divide from just south of Missoula, Montana to the Snake River Planes near Idaho Falls. The section of the Bitterroot Range from Lost Trails Pass through Idaho is administered by the Beaverhead National Forest; So you will often hear people referring to the southern portion of the mountains by two names.
- Lewis and Clark (13 pictures) Lewis and Clark first crossed Lemhi Pass in the Bearverhead mountains. Rejecting the Salmon River, they headed back through Lost Trails pass through the Bitterroot route valley, then over Lolo pass to the Clearwater.
- Sula, Montana (5 pictures) Sula is in the Ross' Hole region of the Bitterroot Valley.
- Painted Rocks Reservoir - Montana (24 pictures) Painted Rocks Reservoir is on the West Fork of the Bitterroot Mountains.
- Lake Como-Montana (12 pictures) 5 miles outside Darby, Lake Como is a peaceful place offering campgrounds, fishing and bouldering.
- Missoula, Montana (62 pictures) Missoula, Montana is at the confluence of the Bitterroot and Clarks Fork River at the northern reaches of the Bitterroot Valley.
- Stevensville, Montana (43 pictures) Stevensville is toward the Northern end of the Bitterroot Valley.
- Hamilton, Montana (59 pictures) Hamilton, Montana's third largest city, is located in the Bitterroot Valley.
- Blodgett Canyon (41 pictures) Blodgett Canyon is in the Bitterroot just West of Hamilton, Montana.
- Victor, Montana (14 pictures) Victor is a small town on US 93 to the East of the Bitterroots.