Big Bend Campground
This page includes pictures of Big Bend Campground on the Colorado River. This campground is round about 12 miles up river from Moab. The campground includes both group and individual camping sites. The area is popular. The campground is likely full on the weekend.
I like to stop at this campground as it has a small beach reminiscent of those that were on the Colorado River before the white man contaminated the Colorado River area with Tamarisk trees.
I hope that as the tamarisk trees age, that some of the beaches will return.
- Colorado River (96 pictures) Big Bend Recration Area is a campsite on the Colorado River.
- Castle Valley (53 pictures) Castle Valley is a few miles East of Big Bend.
- Moab, Utah (138 pictures) Moab is West (downriver) from Big Bend.
- Arches National Park (151 pictures) Arches National Monument is on the other side of the river and over the big cliff. If you swam the river and scaled the cliff you would be in a National Park.
- Granstaff Canyon (14 pictures) Negro Bill Canyon is a few miles downstream from Big Bend. It is a nice place for a hike.
- Hittle Bottom (9 pictures) Hittle Bottom is a smaller campground several miles upriver from Big Bend.