4500 South Bridge
4500 South has a steep slope as it climbs the shoulder of Mount Olympus. The bridge across the I215E has a steep gradiant. Because of the steep angle and salt used during the winter, the bridge wore out faster than most bridges. Although the bridge is only a few decades old, it is being replaced during the Fall of 2007.
To replace the bridge, UDOT is using a new accelerated bridge replacement process. Rather than building the bridge in place. They are building the bridge along the side of the freeway, they will then swing the bridge into place.
- Interstate 15 (88 pictures) The bridge crosses the East Section of the I215 Belt Route in Salt Lake City.
- 1300 East Bridge (26 pictures) They are using the same bridge building technique on the 1300 South Bridge in Sugarhouse.
- 4500 South (38 pictures) This gallery shows pictures from along 4500 South in Salt Lake City.
- Wasatch Boulevard (72 pictures) This bridge is just West of the intersection of Wasatch Boulevard and 4500 South.
- Olympus Cove (73 pictures) The bridge connects the Mount Olympus Cove area with the City of Holladay Utah.
- Olympus Hills Park (62 pictures) The bridge is just East of Olympus Hills Park.
- Churchill Junior High School (77 pictures) Churchill Junior High is Northeast of the 4500 South Bridge.
- Bridges (36 pictures) Pictures of bridges.