This gallery shows pictures from 3300 South in Salt Lake City, Utah. 3300 South is one of the primary East-West streets in the Salt Lake Valley.
Heading from the East to West ... 3300 South starts just below Eastwood Elementary at the street's intersection with Wasatch Boulevard.
At the 3300 South Intersection, the Northbound Wasatch Boulevard dumps onto the freeway with ramps heading up Parleys Canyon on I80 or across Parleys Hollow on northbound I215. There is also a ramp heading south on I215. The odd thing about this freeway intersection is that there is an offramp for Southbound Traffic on I215, but no offramp for Northbound Traffic.
If you happen to mounted on a bike, you might want to take a detour through the neighborhood streets to the new Parleys Crossing bike trail hub. This hub includes bike trails that cross I215 and drops into Parleys Hollow and a section of the Bonneville Shoreline Trail that zooms north past Suicide Rock, across Parleys Creek then up on to the benches near Foothills Drive.
3300 South itself is neither bike nor pedestrian friendly.
Below I215, 3300 South takes a steady, yet substantial decline as it falls through Millcreek Township and into South Salt Lake. The road passes numerous strip malls and box stores including the Salt Lake REI, Smiths Foodking, PETsMART, and many smaller local businesses.
To be continued.
The Mill Creek Township (East) Map shows 3300S from Wasatch Boulevard to about 1100 East.
- Eastwood Elementary School (27 pictures) 3300 South starts just West of Eastwood Elementary.
- Wasatch Boulevard (72 pictures) Wasatch Boulevard winds along the benches of the Wasatch Mountains. The boulevard serves as a frontage road for I215 from 3300 South to about 6400 South. The boulevard then heads past Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons.
- Interstate 80 (102 pictures) You can get on I80 Eastbound at the Intersection of Wasatch and 3300 South.
- Parley s Crossing (76 pictures) This picture shows the portion of the Bonneville Shoreline Trail that heads North across Parleys Crossing.
- Grandeur Peak (152 pictures) There is a trail to the top of Grandeur Peak from the Parleys Crossing Parking Lot. I find this trail a bit exposed and prefer the path up Millcreek Canyon.
- Millcreek Township (112 pictures) The upper part of 3300 South is an area called Millcreek Township.
- 1300 East (34 pictures) 1300 South is a major North South Route through the Salt Lake Valley.
- Brickyard Plaza (48 pictures) Brickyard Plaza is a shopping district northwest of the 1300 East 3300 South intersection.
- State Street-Salt Lake City (273 pictures) State Street is the main drag through the Salt Lake Valley.
- Interstate 15 (88 pictures) 3300 South intersect I15 at about 400 West.
- West Valley City (25 pictures) 3300 South takes a jog and turns into 3500 South in West Valley City.
- Magna, Utah (34 pictures) 3300 South turns into Copper Boulevard and heads north as the road jams against the Oquirrh Mountains in Magna Utah.
- 3300 South Bridge (33 pictures) This gallery shows pictures of the 3300 South bridge in 2008.
- Evergreen Park (39 pictures) Evergreen Park is a half block South of 3300 South at about 2600 East.