Welcome to ProtoPhoto
a virtual tour of the Mountain West
Welcome to ProtoPhoto.com. This site has evolved into a virtual tour of the Mountain West. It has pictures of rivers, towns, parks and scenic routes in Utah, Colorado, Idaho, Montana and more. Everything is linked. For example, one gallery might show pictures of the Salmon River. It would have links to Highway 93, Stanley, Idaho and other things along the river, including the wildflowers. You can browse from one subject to the next.
There are thousands of photos in this web. Here are a few interesting entry points:
- Salt Lake City: These are pictures I took of Salt Lake City, Utah
- Buckhorn Wash: in the San Raphael Swell.
- Desolation Canyon: on the Green River.
- Logan, Utah is an university town in Northern Utah.
- Wildflowers: Pictures of flowers
- Cedar Breaks: Cedar Breaks National Monument in Southern Utah.
- Mirror Lake Highway: Pictures of the Mirror Lake Highway in the Uintas
- Latest Additions (Tumblr blogs: Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Utah (moab), Wyoming)
I don't pollute the photograph pages with ads. However, I need ads to pay for my disk space and bandwidth. So I've loaded this top page with ads. After you enjoy the pictures, I hope you take the time to visit my sponsors page. I have tried to pick out high quality sponsors, like the following:
pictureline, of Salt Lake City is developing a reputation and the Mountain West destination for quality cameras, video and photographic knowledge. In addition to great products in their online and brick and mortar store pictureline is active in the local photographic community offering a steady stream of educational events.
See a complete list of sponsors on a fountain of bargains dot com. Here you will find a virtual mall of the finest internet merchants. Commissions support this and other sites, including Community Color, JB - Vagabond Spirit...