Caboose (05/25/2007) A caboose let loose in the central park in Sinclair, Wyoming.
Lilacs (05/25/2007) Lilacs in bloom in Sinclair, Wyoming.
Sinclair is a small town (population 423) on Interstate 80 just East of Rawlins, Wyoming. The town itself was originally named PARCO. It was founded by oil barron Frank Emerson Kistler as a company town for workers at his refinery. The buildings in the town were designed by Denver Architectural firm Fisher and Fisher in the mid 1920s. PARCO oil failed in the oil gluts of the 1930s. The town was renamed Sinclair in 1943 after Harry F. Sinclair who founded Sinclair Oil company on May 1, 1916. The buildings of the town were owned by Sinclair Oil until 1967 when they were deeded to the inhabitants.
Sinclair Oil has been the subject of a number of mergers and spinoffs. Sinclair Oil is currently run by Earl Holding in Salt Lake City.